Thursday, June 21, 2018

Mountaintops


Hello Friend, 

It has been 5 years since I wrote my first and only blog. Back in 2013, I had no idea what life was about to throw at me - it's almost quite comical to read through that initial blog posting and think "Ha, kid you had no idea what you were about to go through". So, where to begin. Let's catch up and let me tell you the reason why I'm here. 

Long story short, my ambitions to become a nurse in 2013 turned to completion of a business management degree instead this past December of 2017. With a concentration in entrepreneurship, I had really no clue what I wanted to do, but I knew I wanted to do something that would change the world. Through the past 5 years, I have reconnected with my inner childhood Bri through mountain adventuring in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. For those who have never had the pleasure to visit Laramie, WY and the surrounding areas, you know there is more here than the drunken madness I vented about back in 2013. I've learned so much about myself through simply taking the time to see what the mountains in this area, as well as the Rockies of Colorado, have to offer to those who are willing to listen. The mountains have given me my drive to be the leader of my unstoppable mission, and let me tell you, I'm just getting started. 

Since graduating college, let's just say, it's been a real struggle. I am blessed with an amazing boyfriend, Josh, and I am currently employed (yay!), which is something I'm very blessed about because I picked the job up 3 days after graduating, but I am not happy with what I'm doing. Through life, people have always emphasized a career that will make you happy - did I listen? No. Sadly, I think I was just trying to keep up with the status quo of most everyone in my life around me. And that is the real reason the journey since graduating has been the hardest is because I've had to learn that when you don't live for yourself, you get caught up in situations like mine. When I graduated, I was raised and thought I was to gain employment in an area that had to be professional and show a promising pay amount. However, now, I've realized the key to a fulfilling career and life is to find what makes you happy in both aspects. And sometimes that means disagreeing with your loved ones about your choices and essentially the way you may have been raised. This is all okay and we all must know that. (So, I shall write it here because while I sound encouraging, I need this reminder too almost every day.)

While I've been vague in what HAS happened, I am excited to write in more detail in the days to come for what IS going to happen. What is that specifically? I'm not sure – but I know it has to do with mountain adventures and bringing value to the world. I’m very excited to have you along on this journey with me!

We will touch base soon again – I promise to not go another 5 years. 😊

-B



No comments:

Post a Comment