Thursday, July 26, 2018

New Beginnings [again...]






|||

This is the new Bri writing at you here on this fine Thursday evening in Laramie, WY. Four days ago, the sudden end to my salaried paycheck, benefits, and 8-hour computer desk commitment occurred. Why you might ask? Because I was not happy. And so I left.

I had tried my hardest to get through the past 6 months to make the job work and to live off the pride that I got the interview (and offer) only three days after walking across the stage for my bachelor’s degree. In short, this does NOT work, folks, and I do not recommend it for anyone – doing what everyone else pushes for is not always what is best for you and this is so important to know.

|||


|||

So, what's next? Bri time, which consists of a lot of different things.  It's very scary but one thing is for sure - your own well-being, mental health, and self-happiness will always be more important than any place of employment or paycheck that you may receive. That is one dear lesson that I will never let go of as I move forward and will always fight for no matter what. With this motivation, I have many dreams and ideas that I hope will come to life one day, each in their own time. So please stay tuned because this girl is on the start to following her dreams and big things are coming for those who want to get in the outdoors!

Just to highlight where I’m going: I am a motivated individual who wants to bring those far and near to the great outdoor escapes that the Rocky Mountains have to offer. With that is a responsibility of awareness, conservation, fellowship, education, and safety. I am fully prepared to do this through the coming years and am blessed to be surrounded by link-minded individuals who I am excited to ask to join my team one day! In the meantime, this blog, my Instagram feed, and my return to school in an energy and natural resources-focused program will be the base of this journey and I am excited to have you join me!

Within the coming months (and let's be honest, maybe years), I will be asking my followers on both platforms mentioned various questions about their outdoor interests, experiences, and more. I invite you to please share your opinions and participate as you can!

I am very excited to start this next phase of my life and bring the entrepreneurial ventures I've dreamt of to light - thank you for joining this journey with me!

Until next time,

-B
|||



No comments:

Post a Comment