Friday, July 13, 2018

Step Out

Ever since "adulting" started for me a little over 6 months ago, I have struggled BIG TIME. But what's kept me grounded? Literally sleeping on the ground as much as I can.

||||


||||

The typical reaction I get from a lot of people is "you go camping alone??" or "Aren't you scared to do that by yourself??" And the answer is yes. I do. And I'm damn proud of it. Because here is what I've learned:
- we all are naturally equipped to handle damn near anything. And if we aren't, that's why they make bear spray and sidearms.
- confidence is born quicker than you'd think when trekking alone in the woods.
- being one with mother nature is the number one grounding effect.
- time goes by a lot slower when you are caught up in the beauty of rocks, plants, wildflowers, and mountain air in front of you.
- you must be and need to be your own best friend. 

||||


||||

No comments:

Post a Comment